Hand with wax sealWhen a person passes away, their Estate must be dealt with. However, this cannot be done without an order from the Supreme Court.

Grant of Probate

If the deceased has a valid Will, a Grant of Probate will need to be applied for before the Executor can administer the Estate. Once probate is obtained, the Executor’s role is to distribute the assets in accordance with the Will.

Letters of Administration

When a person dies without a Will, this is known as dying intestate.

In order to deal with the deceased’s Estate, the rules of intestacy apply and Letters of Administration will need to be applied for.  In this case, a similar method to probate is followed to allow the Administrator (usually the next of kin) to distribute the Estate.

Contact our Wills & Estate Lawyers Today

Our probate service is efficient and professional, in what of course is a difficult time.

Please call us today on 1300 907 335 to discuss your matter or alternatively contact us by filling out the form on this page and will respond to you promptly.


Call us on 1300 907 335


Email us Here